PROVISIONS RELATING TO STAFF
—(1) The Authority shall, with the approval of the Minister, appoint a Chief Executive on such terms and conditions as the Authority may determine.
(2) The Chief Executive shall —
be known by such designation as the Authority may determine;
be responsible to the Authority for the proper administration and management of the functions and affairs of the Authority in accordance with the policy laid down by the Authority; and
not be removed from office without the consent of the Minister.
(3) The Minister shall consult the Public Service Commission before granting his approval under subsection (1) or before giving his consent under subsection (2)(c).
(4) If the Chief Executive is temporarily absent from Singapore, or is temporarily unable to perform his duties by reason of illness or otherwise, another person may be appointed by the Authority to act in the place of the Chief Executive during any such period of absence from duty.
(5) The Authority may, from time to time, appoint and employ on such terms and conditions as the Authority may determine such other employees, consultants and agents as may be necessary for the effective performance of its functions.
11. No suit or other legal proceedings shall lie personally against any member, officer or employee of the Authority or other person acting under the direction of the Authority for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done in the execution or purported execution of this Act.
12. All members, officers and employees of the Authority shall be deemed to be public servants for the purposes of the Penal Code (Cap. 224).