—(1) The Registrar may cancel the registration of a mutual benefit organisation —
if he is satisfied that —
any misrepresentation, whether innocent or otherwise, has been made or there has been a failure to disclose any fact, at the time of the application for registration of the organisation, and such misrepresentation or non-disclosure would have influenced the decision of the Registrar to register or refuse to register the organisation;
the organisation is being used for unlawful purposes or for purposes prejudicial to public peace, welfare or good order in Singapore;
the organisation is being used for purposes incompatible with its objects or rules;
the rules of the organisation are or have been inadequate for its proper management and control and the registered organisation has failed without reasonable excuse to amend its rules within 3 months of, and in accordance with, a direction from the Registrar to amend its rules for those purposes;
any officer or person managing or assisting in the management of the organisation is not of good character and the organisation has failed without reasonable excuse to remove the officer or person within 3 months of, and in accordance with, a direction from the Registrar to remove the officer or person from the organisation;
the number of members of the organisation is less than 50; or
the organisation is contravening or has contravened any of the provisions of this Act or any rules made thereunder;
at the request of the organisation; or
if he considers it in the public interest to do so.
(2) The Registrar, in any case in which he might cancel the registration of a registered organisation, may by writing under his hand suspend the registration for any term not exceeding 3 months, and may renew the suspension for the like period.
(3) Unless the Registrar has given to a registered organisation not less than two months previous notice in writing specifying briefly the ground of any proposed cancellation or suspension, the registration of the organisation shall not be cancelled (except at its request) or suspended.
(4) Where the registration of a registered organisation has been cancelled or suspended, a notification thereof shall be published in the Gazette.
(5) Where the registration of an organisation has been suspended or cancelled, the organisation shall from the time of the suspension or cancellation (but if suspended only while the suspension lasts, and subject also to the right of appeal given by this section) cease to be a registered organisation but without prejudice to any liability actually incurred by the organisation and any such liability may be enforced against the organisation as if the suspension or cancellation had not taken place.
(6) A registered organisation may appeal from the cancellation of its registration or from any suspension thereof to the Minister whose decision shall be final.