18. Sections 64, 65 and 66 of the principal Act are repealed and the following sections substituted therefor:
64. The Majlis shall, as soon as practicable after the end of each financial year, submit to the Minister an annual report on the activities of the Majlis during the preceding financial year.
65. The financial provisions set out in the Third Schedule shall apply to all mosques and all properties, investments and assets vested in the Majlis subject to any trust, wakaf or nazar which do not form part of the Fund.
—(1) Every wakaf, whether created before or after the commencement of this Act, shall be registered at the office of the Majlis.
(2) Application for registration shall be made by the mutawalli of the wakaf.
(3) An application for registration shall be made in such form and manner as the Majlis may require and shall contain the following particulars:
a description of the wakaf properties sufficient for the identification of the properties;
the gross annual income from the wakaf properties;
the amount of rates and taxes annually payable in respect of the wakaf properties;
an estimate of the expenses annually incurred in the realisation to the income of the wakaf properties;
the amount set apart under the wakaf for —
the salary of the mutawalli and allowances to the individuals;
purely religious purposes;
charitable purposes; and
pious and any other purposes; and
any other particulars required by the Majlis.
(4) Every application shall be accompanied by a copy of the wakaf deed, or if no such deed has been executed or a copy thereof cannot be obtained, shall contain full particulars, as far as they are known to the applicant, of the origin, nature and objects of the wakaf.
(5) The Majlis may require the applicant to supply any further particulars or information that the Majlis may consider necessary.
(6) On receipt of an application for registration, the Majlis may, before the registration of the wakaf, make such inquiries as it thinks fit in respect of the genuineness and validity of the application and correctness of any particulars in the application.
(7) When an application is made by any person other than the person managing the wakaf property, the Majlis shall, before registering the wakaf, give notice of the application to the person managing the wakaf property and shall hear him if he desires to be heard.
(8) In the case of wakafs created before the date of commencement of the Administration of Muslim Law (Amendment) Act 1999, every application for registration shall be made within 6 months from that date; and in the case of wakafs created after that date, within 6 months from the date of the creation of the wakaf.
(9) The Majlis shall maintain a register of wakafs in such manner as the Majlis may think fit, including in electronic form in a computer, in which shall be entered such particulars as the Majlis may from time to time determine.
(10) The Majlis may itself cause a wakaf to be registered or may at any time amend the register of wakafs.
(11) Any mutawalli of a wakaf who fails to —
apply for the registration of the wakaf;
furnish statements of particulars as required under this section;
supply information or particulars as required by the Majlis;
allow inspection of wakaf properties, accounts, records or deeds and documents relating to the wakaf;
deliver possession of any wakaf property, if ordered by the Majlis;
carry out the directions of the Majlis; or
do any other act which he is lawfully required to do by or under this section,
shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $5,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or to both and, in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine not exceeding $50 for every day or part thereof during which the offence continues after conviction.
(12) The Majlis may, with the approval of the Minister, make rules to provide —
for the preparation of annual statements of accounts, reports and returns by the mutawalli of wakafs and for their submission to the Majlis;
for the payment of fees for the inspection of, and extraction from, the register of wakafs; and
generally for giving full effect to or for carrying out the purposes of this section.”.