—(1) If it is represented to the General Manager that an officer has been guilty of misconduct or neglect of duty and the General Manager is of the opinion that the subject-matter of the complaint warrants proceedings with a view to dismissal or reduction in rank, the General Manager shall cause an investigation to be made into the matter and forward a report of the result of the investigation to the Staff Committee .
(2) If the Staff Committee, after considering the report from the General Manager, is of the opinion that the subject-matter of the complaint warrants proceedings with a view to dismissal or reduction in rank, the Staff Committee may cause proceedings to be taken under this rule and rules 5, 6 and 7.
(3) The officer shall be notified in writing by the General Manager of the grounds, which shall be reduced to the form of a definite charge or charges, upon which it is intended to dismiss him or to reduce his rank and he shall be given not less than 7 working days within which to exculpate himself in writing.
(4) The officer shall also be informed in writing of any other circumstances which it is proposed to take into consideration.
(5) If the officer submits an exculpatory statement which is not satisfactory, the Staff Committee shall appoint a Committee of Inquiry to inquire into the matter and to submit a report to the Staff Committee.
(6) The Committee in the performance of its functions shall not be deemed to be a judicial or quasi-judicial body.
(7) The Committee shall consist of —
an officer of the Board; and
2 persons chosen from a panel of persons appointed by the Staff Committee.
(8) The Staff Committee shall appoint one of the members of the Committee as chairman of the Committee.
(9) Every member of the panel referred to in paragraph (7)(b) shall be appointed for a period of 3 years and shall be eligible for reappointment at the expiry of the period of appointment.
(10) Each member of the panel chosen to be a member of the Committee shall be notified of his appointment by the General Manager.