—(1) There shall be established a body, to be known as the Dental Council, which shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal.
(2) The Council shall consist of —
6 members to be appointed by the Minister; and
5 members to be elected by registered dentists whose names appear in the first division of the register and who are resident in Singapore.
(3) Of the members referred to in subsection (2)(a), there shall be —
4 registered dentists whose names appear in the first division of the register and who are practising in Singapore;
one registered dentist whose name appears in the second division of the register and who is practising in Singapore; and
one member of the academic staff of the Faculty of Dentistry of the National University of Singapore.
(4) Only registered dentists whose names appear in the first division of the register and who have at least 10 years’ experience in the practice of dentistry may be elected as members of the Council.
(5) The members shall hold office for a term of 3 years and shall be eligible for reappointment or re-election.
(6) The Minister may, at any time, revoke the appointment of any member appointed under subsection (2)(a) without assigning any reason.