—(1) The Authority may, by notice in writing, require a Singapore insurer to submit to it —
the forms of proposal and policy for the time being in use by the insurer in Singapore; and
any brochure which is for the time being in use by the insurer for describing the terms or conditions of, or the benefits to be or likely to be derived from, policies.
(2) Where the whole or part of any such form or brochure required under subsection (1) is not in English, there shall be submitted with it a translation in English.
(3) Unless it is otherwise provided, a requirement under this section shall apply to all such forms and brochures coming into use after the making of the requirement and before the Authority notifies the insurer that the requirement is withdrawn.
(4) If it appears to the Authority, after affording the insurer an opportunity to make representations orally or in writing, that any such form or brochure —
contravenes any of the provisions of this Act; or
is in any respect likely to mislead,
the Authority may, by notice in writing, direct the insurer to discontinue the use of the form or brochure in Singapore either immediately or from a date specified in the notice.
(5) No Singapore insurer shall use, in the course of carrying on insurance business in Singapore, a form of proposal which does not have prominently displayed therein a warning that if a proposer does not fully and faithfully give the facts as he knows them or ought to know them, he may receive nothing from the policy.
(6) For each occasion on which any insurer uses a copy of a form or brochure in contravention of subsection (4) or (5), the insurer shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $25,000 and, in the case of a continuing offence, to a further fine not exceeding $2,500 for every day or part thereof during which the offence continues after conviction.
[Act 11 of 2013 wef 18/04/2013]
(7) In this section, “brochure” includes any leaflet, circular or similar advertising matter, whether printed or not.