—(1) Every company having a share capital shall lodge a return with the Registrar containing the particulars referred to in the Eighth Schedule and accompanied by such copies of documents as may be prescribed.
(2) The return under subsection (1) shall be in accordance with the prescribed form or as near thereto as the circumstances admit.
(3) In the case of a company keeping a branch register, the particulars of the entries in that register shall, so far as they relate to matters which are required to be stated in the return, be included in the return made next after copies of those entries are received at the registered office of the company.
(4) The annual return shall be lodged with the Registrar within one month or in the case of a company keeping pursuant to its articles a branch register in any place outside Singapore within 2 months after the annual general meeting.
[UK, 1948, s. 124; Aust., 1961, ss. 158, 159]
(5) A company not having a share capital shall, within one month after each annual general meeting of the company, lodge with the Registrar a return which shall be in accordance with the prescribed form or as near thereto as the circumstances admit.
(6) [Deleted by Act 12 of 2002]
(7) If a company fails to comply with this section, the company and every officer of the company who is in default shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $5,000 and also to a default penalty.
[UK, 1948, s. 125; Aust., 1961, s. 159]