—(1) An application under Rule 1 must be made by summons supported by an affidavit or affidavits.
(2) The summons and the supporting affidavit or affidavits must be filed at the same time, and must be served on the defendant within 3 days from the date of filing.
(3) The defendant on whom the summons and the supporting affidavit or affidavits have been served may show cause against the plaintiff’s application by affidavit or otherwise to the satisfaction of the Court.
(4) If the defendant wishes to show cause against the plaintiff’s application by affidavit, he must file and serve his affidavit or affidavits on the plaintiff within 14 days after service of the plaintiff’s summons and affidavit or affidavits.
(5) The plaintiff must, if he wishes to reply to the defendant’s affidavit or affidavits, file and serve his affidavit or affidavits on the defendant within 14 days after service of the defendant’s affidavit or affidavits.
(6) No further affidavit shall be received in evidence without the leave of the Court.
(7) Where a party files or serves an affidavit beyond the period of time specified in this Rule, the Court may make such order as to costs against that party as it considers fit.
(8) An affidavit or affidavits for the purpose of this Rule must contain all necessary evidence in support of or in opposition (as the case may be) to the claim, or a part of the claim, to which the application relates, and unless the Court otherwise directs, may contain statements of information or belief with the sources and grounds thereof.