CODES OF PRACTICE
—(1) Each gas licensee shall produce and comply with all codes of practice which are required to be made and complied with pursuant to its gas licence.
(2) Any person who undertakes any gas service work or other work on a gas pipeline or gas pipeline network belonging to a gas transporter, and any other person designated by the Authority for the purposes of this section, shall, prior to carrying out such work, produce and comply with a code of practice approved by the Authority, setting out its methodology for complying with the regulations which relate to safety.
—(1) The Authority shall approve and from time to time review the codes of practice made under section 62.
(2) If any provision in any code of practice approved by the Authority is inconsistent with the regulations, the provision in the code of practice shall, to the extent of the inconsistency —
have effect subject to such regulations; or
where appropriate, having regard to such regulations, not have effect.
(3) The Authority may, in any gas licence, exempt any gas licensee from any provision in any code of practice approved by the Authority generally or for such time as the Authority may specify.
(4) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), the Authority shall monitor and enforce compliance with the codes of practice.
(5) Any code of practice approved by the Authority under this section shall be deemed not to be subsidiary legislation.