Storage of Urine Specimens At Urine Bank
1. On arrival at the Urine Bank the container shall as soon as practicable be stored in the cold room of the Urine Bank.
2. The container containing any urine specimen shall not be removed from the cold room without the written authority of a person authorised by the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Defence, until the result of the analysis of the other part of that urine specimen is made available by the Drug Analytical Laboratory.
3. If the result of the analysis does not indicate the presence of any controlled drug, the container containing that urine specimen shall be taken out of the cold room and the urine specimen shall be disposed of.
4. If the result of the analysis indicates the presence of a controlled drug, the container containing that urine specimen shall be retained in the cold room and kept for at least 14 days so as to allow the subject concerned to make an application for a second test.
5. If no such application is received within the time specified by regulation 6(1), the urine specimen shall be taken out of the cold room and disposed of.