Procuring Urine Specimens and Depositing Them in Security Boxes
1. When a subject is ready to give his urine, the enforcement officer shall ask him to select 2 plastic containers from a lot specified for this purpose.
2. The subject shall carry the 2 containers with him and shall be accompanied by an escort to the urine collection point.
3. If the subject wishes to wash the containers he has selected he shall be allowed to do so.
4. The subject, if a woman, shall in addition to the 2 containers also pick a beaker from a number of other beakers and may wash it before and after she has used it.
5. The escort shall ensure that the urine specimen in the 2 containers is that of the subject and not that of any other person.
6. The volume of urine specimen in each of the 2 containers shall not be less than 15 millilitres.
7. The escort shall then accompany the subject who shall carry his 2 containers with him for labelling and sealing.
8. The enforcement officer shall write out the name of the subject, the number of his National Registration Identity Card or Passport or other identification documents and where applicable the date of his arrest on 2 self-adhesive labels.
9. The enforcement officer shall then enter the other necessary particulars on the labels and affix them to the containers.
10. The enforcement officer shall read out the particulars on the labels and show the labels to the subject before affixing them to the containers.
11. The enforcement officer shall then seal the containers in the presence of the subject and shall ensure that the containers are properly sealed and correctly stamped with a security seal.
12. No person shall handle the 2 containers from the time they are handed to the subject till they are given to the enforcement officer for the labels to be affixed.
13. The enforcement officer shall ask the subject himself to deposit one container of the urine specimen into each of the 2 security boxes which should be kept locked at all times until they are delivered to the Drug Analytical Laboratory and the Urine Bank.