Purposes to Which the Development Fund May be Applied
1. The construction, improvement, extension, enlargement and replacement of buildings and works and the provision, acquisition, improvement and replacement of other capital assets (including vehicles, vessels, aircraft, rolling-stock, machinery, instruments and equipment) required in respect of or in connection with the economic development or general welfare of Singapore.
2. The acquisition of land and of any right or interest in or over land and in respect of the use of any invention.
3. The carrying on of any survey, research or investigation preparatory to the undertaking of any such purpose as is referred to in paragraph 1 or to the formation of any plan or scheme for the development, improvement, conservation or exploitation of the resources of Singapore or of any part thereof.
4. The payment of any charges or expenses incidental to or arising from the carrying out of any of the purposes referred to in paragraphs 1, 2 and 3.
5. The payment of any charges or expenses incidental to or arising out of depreciation or losses on investments of moneys in the Development Fund.
6. Grants and loans to any public authority, or any other corporation or body, for any one or more of the purposes referred to in paragraphs 1 to 4.
[6/2000 wef 1/4/2000]
7.—(1) Capital contribution for investment by way of capital injection in any statutory corporation on such terms and conditions as the Minister for Finance may, after consultation with the Minister in charge of the statutory corporation, determine or as prescribed by any written law.