3. Section 151 of the Copyright Act is repealed and the following sections substituted therefor:
—(1) There shall be established one or more Copyright Tribunals for the purposes of this Part.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), each Tribunal shall be constituted by —
the president or a deputy president designated by the president, who shall preside over the Tribunal; and
2 other members selected by the president from amongst the members of the panel.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (2), the president or a deputy president presiding over a Tribunal may preside alone at any preliminary hearing of an application or a reference to deal with any matter connected with the application or reference.
—(1) The Minister shall appoint —
the president of the Tribunals; and
not more than 2 deputy presidents of the Tribunals.
(2) No person shall be appointed as the president of the Tribunals unless he possesses the qualifications required for a District Judge under section 9(3) of the Subordinate Courts Act (Cap. 321).
(3) No person shall be appointed as a deputy president of the Tribunals unless he is a qualified person (as defined in section 2 of the Legal Profession Act (Cap. 161)) of not less than 5 years’ standing.
(4) For the purpose of enabling a Tribunal to be constituted under this Part, the Minister shall appoint a panel consisting of not more than 15 persons with such qualifications as he may consider necessary and shall publish their names in the Gazette.
(5) The Minister may appoint a Secretary to the Tribunals and such other officers and employees of the Tribunals as the Minister may determine.
—(1) There shall be paid to each member of a Tribunal who is not a public officer such remuneration (whether by way of salaries or fees), and such allowances, as the Minister may determine.
(2) The remuneration and allowances of the members of a Tribunal and such other expenses of a Tribunal as the Minister may determine shall be paid out of moneys provided by Parliament.
(3) The remuneration of the Secretary to the Tribunals and the other officers and employees appointed under section 151A(5) shall be paid out of the funds of the Office.”.