ESTABLISHMENT, INCORPORATION AND CONSTITUTION OF OFFICE
3. There is hereby established a body to be known as the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore which shall be a body corporate with perpetual succession and a common seal and shall, by that name, be capable of —
suing and being sued;
acquiring, owning, holding and developing or disposing of property, both movable and immovable; and
doing and suffering such other acts or things as a body corporate may lawfully do and suffer.
—(1) The Office shall have a common seal and such seal may from time to time be broken, changed, altered or made anew as the Office thinks fit.
(2) All deeds and other documents requiring the seal of the Office shall be sealed with the common seal of the Office.
(3) All instruments to which the common seal is affixed shall be signed by the Chief Executive and one officer of the Office or by any 2 officers of the Office generally or specially authorised by the Chief Executive for that purpose.
(4) All courts, judges and persons acting judicially shall take notice of the common seal of the Office affixed to any document and shall presume that it was duly affixed.
—(1) The Office shall consist of —
a Deputy Chairman; and
not less than 8 and not more than 20 other members as the Minister may from time to time determine.
(2) The First Schedule shall have effect with respect to the Office, its members and its proceedings.